Hey guys! I’m answering today’s Thoughtful Thursday prompts from All the Weigh. Feel free to copy and paste, fill in your answers, and then link up via Kenlie’s site.
Where I Live
1. Where do you currently live? I live in a little suburb of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley called Reseda.
2. Have you lived in your current state throughout your entire life? Nope. I was born in Illinois, then lived in Florida, and then moved to California.
3. If you answered no to Question 1, then where else have you lived? Oops, I jumped the gun!
4. What is the coolest thing about your city/town? Reseda is a little bit of a shady town. It’s a little bit more low-income and has lots of strip malls. While it has a certain grit and roughness to it, the community of people who live in Reseda really do work hard to make it feel like a community and watch out for eachother. I think that’s cool.
5. Are there any holidays that your state goes all out to celebrate? If so, tell us about it. Hmm. Not really, though I feel like SoCal gets a lot of love as the “Hollywood” and movie state.
6. Describe your neighborhood (climate, scenery, etc.) My neighborhood is very suburban. It has a wide street with lots of houses of all different shapes and sizes, built in the 1950s.
7. What do you wish you could change most about the place you live? I wish the city was better maintained. We’ve had some problems with crime, and I feel like if everyone chipped in to keep things maintained a little better (ie, pick up your trash, a street is not a dumpster), then maybe things would get better.
8. Describe your home. What’s your favorite thing about it? I live in a two bedroom, 1 bath, classic 1950s bungalow. It’s just shy of 900 square feet, but the owners renovated it to have a more open feel with a nice open concept kitchen and lots of cabinets. My favorite things are: the kitchen, which is nice and big, perfect for a couple that loves to cook, and the GINORMOUS backyard. We have a 9,000 square foot lot, which is hilarious because the house isn’t even 900 square feet.
9. Where do you shop for groceries? I get groceries from a few places. Costco for bulk items like eggs, chicken breasts, blueberries, and olive oil. Ralph’s for meat and vegetables. Jons, which is an ethnic market, for every day type things. I walk there often.
10.. What is your favorite regular activity in your city/town? We have some really good food. As a very diverse city, we have a melting pot of great Thai food, Greek food, Armenian food, Japanese food… you name it, we have it!
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Thursday!